More about Trio15 Components
- Our PAP-Horn1 is a wide Range Horn, designed specifically for PureAudioProject Trio15 and Quintet15. It features a large wood waveguide and a 1.4″ compression driver with strong Neodymium motor and soft Polymer dome.
- Our OB-COAX10-H1 is a custom made Coaxial driver with 10″ paper cone woofer and 1.4″ Polymer Horn Tweeter mounted on the same axis. Both, the 15″ woofers and the 10″ center driver share similar materials and design guidelines. This adds to the consistency of the sonic signature along a wide frequency range.
- Voxativ (AC-1.6, AC-PiFe, AC-X Field Coil), Full Range Drivers.
- ESS-Heil AMT1 (optional upon request)
- Beyma TPL 150 Horn (optional upon request)
- Tang Band W8-1808 (optional upon request).
- All Trio15 models come with passive crossovers.
- Trio15 Horn1 and all Trio15 Voxativ models are supplied with our modular Thrier Crossovers while Trio15 Coax10″ is supplied with a dedicated pre-built crossovers.
- The Thrier Crossover is a two way first order, and can be set by a simple jumper to serial or parallel topology.
- The Thrier boards have a third channel for future or optional use (such as Super Tweeter).
- All components on Thrier boards are mounted onto golden screw terminals. This allows swapping the components with only a screwdriver and experimenting various types, brands and grades of capacitors, resistors and coils… One can even try different components values to match the crossover to the personal sonic taste, physical condition, room and gear. We guide and support this process when needed.
- No soldering nor any technical skills are required to work with the Thrier Crossovers, only a screwdriver.
- Trio15 Coax10″ Crossover is a three way fourth order topology with top-grade audio components e.g. Silver/Gold Oil capacitors, copper/paper foil coils and the recently released copper-manganin foil resistors.
- Trio15 Coax10″ crossover is pre-built (soldered) but one capacitor and all resistors reside on screw terminal for optional fine tuning.
- For fans of Bi-Amping we offer the PAP-C1 Active Analog Crossover, designed and manufactured for PureAudioProject by Nelson Pass, FirstWatt.
- We also offer ‘Bi-Amping Distribution Boards’ for easy internal wiring.
More Technical Data
- True Point Source D’appolito Design
- Sensitivity > 96db (in a typical room).
- Nominal Impedance: 8ohm.
- Frequency Range: 29-32hz to 20Khz (in a typical room).
- Drivers: see above: About Trio15 Components.
- Crossovers: see above: About Trio15 Components.
- Typical distance from rear wall: 2-4′ (60-120cm)
- Distance from side walls: Any
- Size: W:54cm H:116cm D:27cm | W:21.25″ H:46.67″ D:10.63″
- Weight: starts at 55lb/25kg