Duet15 Prelude Assembly Instructions
Layout all the items you have received.
Follow the instructions and Use the right parts for every step.
Spikes to Base
- Screw three spikes directly into the insert nuts at the bottom of the base as illustrated in the gif.
- Tighten the spikes as strong as you can with your hands.
Side Brackets to Base
- Each Side Bracket is attached to the base with three M5 bolts.
- See that the side brackets are positioned right.
- Tighten the side brackets to the base with three M5 bolts as illustrated in gif.
- Use Allen key and tighten the bolts quite strongly.
- You have mounted the Side Brackets to the Base.
Baffles to Frame
- One by one, insert the six M6 Furniture Bolts into the six drills on the baffles, and put on them the rubber decouplers as illustrated in gif.
- Attach the baffle onto the frame and use thumb nuts to tighten it as strong as you can using your hands.
- You have mounted the Baffles to the Frame.
Woofers to Frame
- The woofers have to be positioned in a way that the cable posts are facing direction South/West (7pm) when looking at the woofer from the front.
Use two M6 bolts and place the woofer on the frame facing the right direction.
- Tighten lightly the two bolts with the serrated nuts so the woofer won’t fall out and insert all remaining bolts.
- Tighten all bolts with an Alen Key.
- You have mounted the Woofers!
Voxativ Driver to Frame
- The Voxativ drivers have to be positioned in a way that the cable posts are facing direction South/East (5pm) when looking at the driver from the front.
Use two M5 bolts and place the woofer on the frame facing the right direction.
- Mount the woofer on the Baffle (with the two bolts), and tighten lightly the two bolts with the thumb nuts so the driver won’t fall off. Insert the other two boosts and tighten all four thumb nuts as strong as you can with your hands.
- You have mounted the Voxativ drivers!
Logo to Base
- This is the final step assembling the frame.
- Expose the adhesive by removing the paper at the back of the logo.
- Position and place the logo at the center of the base.
- Congratulations! You have successfully assemble the Duet15 enclosure!
Setting up the Crossovers
Duet15 Prelude crossover is designed for both models, w/ TB W8-1808 and w/ Voxativ AC-1.6.
- It differs by the resistors and cable ends only.
- See photos below for the resistors positions and values.
- If your main driver is Voxativ, remove or trim the cable shoes on all cables.
- Make sure your crossovers are configured correctly. Follow instructions on the photos.
Mounting the Crossover
Use four M5 bolts and place on them from at the bottom side the small decouplers. Then mount the Crossover on the base and tighten the M5 bolts with your hands or lightly with an Alan Key (as seen on the video). Keep the internal cables facing the cables posts of the woofers.
- Connect the speakers to your amps and slowly raise volume.
- Make sure all drivers are playing.
- Break in the speakers for at least 200 hours of play at any volume.